Well, we’ve arrived! Things that I learnt on our 15 hour bus journey from Accra to Tamale:
- The luggage hold under a bus can hold a phenomenal amount of stuff – more than Mary Poppins’s handbag.
- Even if there is a nicely cemented road, the driver may choose to drive off it and onto a parallel (phenomenally bumpy) dirt track.
- It is quite annoying when the bus driver decides to turn on the TV screens in the bus at midnight.
- If the bus breaks down, the driver and other people on the bus have the capacity to fix it, and don’t need to call out engineers/replacement buses (Ghana 1-0 UK).
- What a gizzard is (after we had eaten 2 gizzard kebabs each).
- Everyone here is exceptionally friendly. Although they may laugh at your reaction when you find out what a gizzard is.